Inflammation can damage parts of your body, brain and heart. Different studies link inflammation as the cause of many illnesses including Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, cancer, depression, heart disease, arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes and many other serious conditions.
Inflammation is a natural immune response to infection, aging, and injury. When an area in the body becomes inflamed, it sends out inflammatory cells that rush to protect the body. The body’s immune system exists to fight foreign invaders such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, toxic chemicals, and to heal injured and damaged tissue. If the body sends out inflammatory cells when a person is not sick or not injured, this can be an indication of chronic inflammation.
What are some symptoms of inflammation?
- Chronic diseases (arthritis, Alzheimer’s, cancer, crone’s, diabetes, gout, lupus, etc.)
- Digestive discomfort / gut issues
- Skin issues (rashes, itchy, red spots)
- Memory impairment
- Cholesterol imbalances
- Heightened pain sensitivity
What is the main cause of inflammation in the body?
One of the main reasons chronic inflammation develops in our bodies is the foods we eat. Today, it is becoming clearer, that certain foods cause inflammation. Each body is different and some foods may not affect one person as it does another. Here are some of the culprits…
- Dairy (mostly cow milk, cheeses, ice cream and whey)
- Meat such as red and processed, including bacon, hot dogs, cured and processed meats
- Fried foods — those fried in safflower, sunflower, soy and corn oil.
- Refined carbohydrates, such as bread, white rice, pasta, breakfast cereals, pastries…
- Gluten — found in wheat, rye and barley — yes, this includes beer.
- Sodas and other sweetened drinks — watch the artificial sweeteners!
- Fast foods
- GMOs — Genetically Modified Organisms. A genetically modified organism contains DNA that has been altered using genetic engineering. Read food labels carefully!
Combining Certain Foods Helps…
Even if we are consuming mostly clean organic raw foods that have anti-inflammatory properties such as leafy greens, it is important to eat them in a certain order (food combining). For example, fruit takes less time to digest so it should be eaten first. If fruit is eaten after consuming carbohydrates or protein, is causes harmful chemical effects. Check out our upcoming free classes in Phoenix, AZ, to learn how to eat healthy!
Foods are chemicals, and combinations of chemicals produce different effects. Different foods vary in terms of the amount of time it takes to digest them. When combining the wrong foods, toxic chemicals are produced, causing the body to break down over time and creating chronic inflammatory conditions in the gut and throughout the body. Over time, this will speed up aging, may become uncomfortable or painful and for many results in life threatening conditions.
Here at Natural Medicine And Detox center in Phoenix, Arizona we recommend and teach the Hippocrates lifestyle way of eating. For preventative measures, one can incorporate part of it, however for someone who has a chronic condition or life threatening illness, the Hippocrates Lifestyle is the best way to heal the most severe illness.
What you can do to reduce inflammation in your body…
- Eat clean, fresh, and raw microgreens, sprouts and vegetables. Check out our upcoming free classes on how to eat healthy!
- Consume turmeric or curcumin. In fact, most herbs and spices are anti-inflammatory! So spice things up!
- Olive, coconut or sesame oils. (See infographic below for more details.)
- Reduce stress with things like BrainTap, Thought Field Therapy, meditation and exercise.
- Do more detox such as infrared sauna, ionic foot detox, colon hydrotherapy, and if infection IV Therapy to clean up the bacteria, viruses, fungi, or toxic chemicals
- Quit smoking- Hypnosis may help you
- Obesity — fat cells can make many of the chemicals that cause inflammation. Sign up for our newsletter for health tips.
Call us for an appointment today: