Body Composition and Cellular Health Testing
Natural Medicine and Detox’s state-of-the-art Body Composition & Cellular Health Testing uses medical-grade equipment to perform a non-invasive, simple procedure that is completed in about 6 minutes. The test instantly provides results containing personalized information on nutritional status, hydration level, and toxic waste build up and gives a good indication of your cellular health and how effectively your body is functioning. This technology delivers the most accurate approach to body composition than any other device on the market.
Body Composition and Cellular Health Testing offers a completely non-invasive rapid measurement of:
- Body Fat %: the measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass.
- Body Fat Weight
- Water %
- Total Body Water: the amount of water retained in your body.
- Intracellular (ICW) Volume: the amount of water/nutrients contained inside the cell.
- Extracellular (ECW) Volume: The total volume of fluid outside the cell.
- Body Cell Mass: The total mass of all the metabolically active components of the body such as the muscles, internal organs, and blood. It is a sensitive indicator of nutritional status.
- Volume of Over-Hydration (OHY)
Cellular Health Index
- Nutritional Index
- Cellular Health Score
- Phase Angle: measures the cell membrane’s health. Higher the phase angle, reflects healthier cell membrane and over all cellular health and function.
What is Body Composition Testing and why is it Important?
Body Composition Testing is an objective measure of a patient’s body fat, lean muscle and bone density using bioelectrical impedance technology. This test is an integral part of a health and nutrition assessment. Research has shown that body composition is directly related to health, as a normal body fat is associated with good health and longevity. Excess fat in relation to lean body mass can greatly increase your risks to cardiovascular disease, diabetes and more. Natural Medicine and Detox’s Body Composition testing fosters an early detection of an improper balance in your body composition to allow earlier intervention and prevention. The test also provides a measurement of fluid body mass to give critical insight into your current state of health.
Crude BMI tests approach health in a one-size-fits-all measurement that is flawed, as it does not take into account an individuals muscle weight differentiated from their body fat. This bioelectrical impedance technology provides individualized, accurate results.
Cellular Health Testing is a direct measurement of the integrity of cell membranes and how well they function. Cells are the functional unit of the entire body, so good cellular health relates to the function of every process in the body. Maintaining good cellular health allows for diffusion of nutrients into the cell, as well as adequate waste removal, equating to improved immune function, performance, recovery, longevity and overall wellbeing. Cellular Health Testing provides a Nutritional Index Score related to how well these nutrients can infiltrate and nourish the cell.
Natural Medicine and Detox’s Cellular Health Testing also includes an objective measure of an individual’s hydration, which is of the utmost importance to individuals with compromised health. There are many performance and health implications associated with dehydration and over hydration, so determining adequate water consumption can be crucial to an individual’s overall wellbeing. Cellular Health Testing can help any individual determine adequate water consumption for optimal cellular health.
- Obesity: An understanding of your patient’s body composition is central to improving, motivating and maintaining good health.
- Diabetes: This technology can offer constant support to understand and monitor improvements in your patient’s health, fat-free mass and fluid balances to keep motivated.
- Elderly: Instant results, simple to understand reports and the non-invasive nature makes this technology perfect for ongoing measurement and health management of your elderly patients.
- Inflammatory Conditions: Bioelectrical impedance analysis offers an early indication in the likelihood of patients suffering from post-operative lymphedema using phase angle.
- Other Conditions: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Oncology, Dialysis, Surgery, and Critical Care
For more information on the Body Composition and Cellular Health Testing please, watch this video.
This 6 minute test only costs $59.
CARDIOPULMONARY EXERCISE TESTING (CPET)
Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing is a comprehensive diagnostic test of the entire cardiovascular and pulmonary systems that would otherwise require a referral to the pulmonologist, cardiologist and nutritionist. In order to fully understand your current health and optimize a plan for care, it is crucial to have an in-depth understanding of the cardiopulmonary circuit, as well as individualized metabolic needs in terms of nutrient intake.
- Our Comprehensive CPET assessment includes:
- Resting Metabolic Rate: determines the amount of calories your body is using at rest. This information allows the technician to determine the amount of calories you need to eat each day to maintain or lose weight.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: non-invasive test that shows how well the lungs are working measuring volume, capacity, rates of flow, and gas exchange. These tests are useful for ruling out underlying obstructive/restrictive lung diseases.
- Hemodynamic Response to Exercise (Rest, Stress, Recovery): looks at how heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation respond to exercise
- 12-Lead Electrocardiography (Rest & Stress): evaluate if there are underlying heart conditions
- VO2 max & Anaerobic Threshold Performance Testing: Tests maximum oxygen consumption, aerobic fitness capacity and classification, so training intensities and personalized exercise plans can be recommended. This can provide insight into nutritional recommendations that can help best meet individual goals.
- Nutritional Assessment: individualized metabolic needs in terms of macro- and micronutrients. Learn what you need more/less of in terms of nutrients.
With our Cardiopulmonary exercise testing you get instant results that our ACLS certified technicians interpret the results and explain in a manner designed to help reach individual health goals.
- Medical-grade Equipment
Natural Medicine and Detox uses the only metabolic cart manufacturer approved for use in medical-grade research. All technicians have undergone rigorous training and are ACLS certified in order to guarantee quality of testing that would only be found in physiology labs or hospitals. Furthermore, volume and gas calibrations are performed prior to- and immediately following every test in order to ensure validity of all data obtained.
- Easy-to-understand Recommendations
Natural Medicine and Detox understands that the variables obtained during our testing is not easily understood, so rather than just reporting raw data, we analyze all the data in order to create actionable recommendations that can be easily understood and applied to improve the health of any individual.
- Maximal Heart Rate Training Zones- What Heart Rate should I train at to Reach My Health Goals?
- Our assessment strategically analyses the heart rate at anaerobic threshold so individualized heart rate zones can be established. Our physicians will go over these results explaining the heart rate zone that is ideal for weight loss during your peak fat metabolism as well as the best time to exercise based on when your body can transition to carbohydrate metabolism so you have maximal energy.
- Training Recommendations- What Exercises Am I capable of/Will Achieve Goals?
- With the results from achieved relative VO2 max equated into terms of metabolic equivalent, or METs, Natural Medicine and Detox is able to recommend personalized physical activity plans that are safe and effective for meeting an individuals health goals.
- Nutritional Assessment/Recommendations- How many calories should I eat in a day?
- Individualized metabolic needs established during a resting metabolic rate test are strategically analyzed to customize macronutrient, micronutrient and supplementation plans specific to an individual’s health goals, whether it be weight maintenance, improved health or any other.
Please watch this video for more information about the Comprehensive Physiological Fitness Testing.
This 1 hour test only costs $299.