Gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that is extremely painful and usually affects one joint at a time. When you have gout, your body’s natural pH level is under attack due to too much uric acid in the blood. At times, there can be no symptoms and a person can be in remission, and other times the symptoms flare up causing agonizing pain.
What Does Gout Pain Feel Like?
One of our patients, Giselle, suffered from gout a few years ago and describes the severe pain…
I got gout a few years ago from being on the Keto Diet. The uric acid found its way to my right wrist. It was my weakest joint because I’ve had carpel tunnel. The pain was excruciating. It felt like tiny glass chards cutting into my nerves whenever I did something with my right hand. Being right-handed, it made everyday living unbearable.
After doing research, I changed my diet and it took several weeks, but it eventually went away. I wish I had known that regular detoxing ionic foot baths would help remove uric acid from my body.
Now, I go to Natural Medicine and Detox once a week for my ionic foot bath to make sure I don’t get gout again!Giselle Aguiar, patient
What happens in your body when there are high levels of uric acid in the blood?
Also known as hyperuricemia, Urate is a substance in your body that can build up and form needle-shaped crystals in your joints. High levels of uric acid can also result in kidney stones. The pain, swelling, and redness in the joints can change and move, affecting different joints in the body. However, not everyone with high urate levels gets gout.
Gout can develop when your body isn’t expelling all its uric acid. One way to expel uric acid is through urine, but sometimes the body stops removing it effectively. (Source)
Foods to Avoid if You Have Gout
This infographic from goutpatients.com lists the foods to avoid if you have gout. They are…
- Red and organ meats
- Refined carbs
- Processed foods
- Sugary drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
Diets rich in plant foods are not associated with an increased risk of gout, even when higher purine plant foods are consumed. Generally, plant foods are less concentrated in purines than meat and seafood. Dairy products are low in purines, however high-fat dairy products may contribute to cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
A person may develop other conditions such as heart and kidney issues if left untreated. Other common conditions that can develop if untreated are:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
- Myocardial Infarction (heart attack)
- Congestive heart failure (source)
How to Speed Up the Healing Process if You Have Gout
Here at Natural Medicine And Detox, we believe that with the right diet and detoxification strategies, it is possible to reverse the condition of gout.
Give Your Diet a Jump Start to Eliminate Gout
Unfortunately, flushing out gout takes time. It’s not an overnight fix. Each person’s body is different and reacts differently. For instance, gout may attack your feet, toes, or ankles. You may see swelling. We suggest the following detoxing treatment to accelerate the process…
- Ionic Detox Foot Baths – this help remove inflammation and alkaline the body. Additionally, they help remove uric acid.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – helps lower infections and fungal issues. Some doctors believe that fungi or yeast is the cause of the disease. (source)
- Chelation Therapy – targets inflammation and helps detoxify from heavy metals. Some doctors believe that chronic low-level environmental lead exposure may interfere with urate excretion. (source)
- Homeopathic Medicines – these help relieve gout symptoms and may reduce the swelling in the joints. According to a study published in 2021, up to 84% of participants felt improvement of their gout symptoms with the use of homeopathic medicines. Also, it was reported play a role to reduce the UA levels of 84% of the participants.. Homeopathic medicine is a safe, effective, and gentle way to provide relief for people with gout- like symptoms.
Let’s start with a consultation to determine your best treatment for gout…
Call us for an appointment today:
In a 1995 issue of Townsend, 19 doctors wrote that a condition known as candidiasis or yeast can mimic symptoms associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Other conditions directly linked to fungal overgrowth are cancer, heart disease, gout, prostate disease, chronic sinusitis, Chron’s disease, Colitis, dermatitis, acne, gum disease, and obesity. (Source)
Call us for an appointment today:
Top Image: A swollen and inflamed foot: gout is represented as an attacking demon. Coloured etching, 1835, after J. Gillray, 1799. Created 1 August 1835. Gout. Devil. Pain. Contributors: James Gillray (1756-1815). Work ID: q6v8n2dh. (Source)